Report from World of Concrete 2018!
J.S. Goray Inc recently returned from a week long trip to Las Vegas for World of Concrete 2018. Six representatives from our firm were in attendance, including both field and management personnel.
In the classroom
Our team spent over 40 hours in the classroom at this year's World of Concrete. Two of our technicians received a master certification in concrete repair after spending 3 days in class. We also attended seminars on leadership development and workforce development, in addition to seminars on silica in the workplace.
At the Show
Outside of the classroom we also had a great time catching up with the industry vendors and manufactures. Our team spent large amounts of time walking the show inside and out. We are always looking for products and services that can increase our productivity, reduce burden on technicians, and increase safety.
We spent some time talking with representatives for Mason Contractors Association of America about their organization and services. J.S. Goray Inc. is pleased to announce that we have become members of MCAA, and look forward to a great partnership with the organization.
Some products and services that really caught our eye this year were:
- Metaltech Scaffolding - The new buildman baker scaffold is a great advancement in scaffold safety
- Medusaw - The walk behind saw takes back and knee strain out of the picture when performing long concrete cuts.
- Eagle Industries - We saw some great products that we can use for worksite safety.
- Albion Engineering - The new 360 degree cone will really help our technicians in reaching difficult caulk joint.
- Bosch - Bosch Pro Insiders is a new program that has us interested. In fact, it is the first program from a tool manufacturer that is actively looking for end user feedback on their products.
- Sika - Sikaflex 2C EZ has been a staple in cold weather sealant application. Subsequently, Sika has now introduced an "Artic" formulation that cures faster in colder temperatures.
- 3m - Always at the forefront of safety, 3m had many new offerings that caught our eye at WOC 2018. We will be implementing a new hard hat based PPE program with 3m products.
- Yamaha - Yamaha wasn't the first manufacturer of quiet generators, but they did get us thinking about phasing out our current generators and replace them with quiet units to help reduce tenant disruption on the work site.
All in all, we had a very productive and successful convention in 2018, and we are already implementing new policies and procedures withing our firm based on what we brought back from Las Vegas. We are looking forward to attending again in 2019 and continue developing our personnel and improving the service we provide to our clients.
World of Concrete, held annually in Las Vegas, is the construction industry's premiere trade show. This show provides the perfect environment to to meet with industry vendors and learn about new developments in materials, tools, technology, and all other facets our our field. In addition to the trade show, there is a vast catalog of educational seminars and classes to attend.